This is a solution of your focus keyword that describes about Developing business
The options for implementing a multi user MS access application are given below:
- Compact the database often: Compacting of the database allows queries to use the new table statistics to create the new optimization plan. During the compaction process, pages of records and indexes are reordered in the contiguous blocks for the faster sequential access of the database.
- Design for the multi user environment, not a single user: The access database provides many features, even for the novice user like name Auto Correct options and many others. So design a multi user environment of the database not a single user.
- Verify the folder privileges: All the users must have the RWCD privileges for the shared folder, in order to share the database for simultaneous use.
- Keep a persistent connection open: Minimise the numbers of connection, which are made by the each client, and increase the performance of tables which is linked or in relation. Create a table in the back end of the database which has only one record for doing this.
- Use indexes: You have to establish indexes on any fields which are used for sorting or as criteria in queries. Without indexes, the entire Record set is transferred over the network prior to any filtering
- Avoid using the Domain aggregate functions: The domain Aggregate Functions are used to look up for a value or calculate statistics within a record set. These include DCount, DLookup, DMax, DMin, DSum, DAvg, DFirst, DLast, DStDev, DStDevP, DVar, and DVarP, all of which may adversely affect performance.
- Speed-up the tab controls: If the database include a tab control which contains the sub forms, implementing a tab-on demand techniques which can be very helpful.
- Close inactive sessions:You must have to consider a close inactive techniques for close the sessions. This method or technique helps to prevent the user from keeping the database open for the long time periods with no activity.
- Optimise the multi user environment for the client/server architecture: Optimise the multi user environment for the client/server architecture to be aware of other issues such as:
- Folder name should not exceed the eight characters.
- The database path should not traverse through the multiple folders.
- Make sure the antivirus software installed in your system is not configured to scan for the network folders.
- And the last option is to configure your system and check the hardware and clean out the temporary files and drag the hardware.
The maintenance request is categorised in mainly two types:
- Planned maintenance request:
- Non-critical patches are scheduled on the quarter basis.
- The maintenance of the database is scheduled during the business hours.
- Application team should anticipate upgrading the version of database in every 2-3 years.
- Database service will provide the notification regarding the upgrading of the database version.
- Database services will not support the version of the database software which is no longer supported by the vendors.
- Unplanned maintenance request:In the unplanned maintenance request urgent repair, patch and update of data and database version comes to prevent from the database failure.
Request for implementing changes
The implementing changes requests of the Acme garage system are given below:
- Request for Change type: The user request for the type of changes like: emergency, fix, new or enhancement. It simply means why the user want to change the system.
- Impact of the new system: It means user request for the impact of the new system. Which type of system impact user wants in the new changed system like high impact, low impact or medium impact?
This report is prepared by analysing the whole business process of the Acme garage. The system is planned specially for the key work of the acme garage like for managing the various business data of the Acme garage, generating invoice receipt for the customer, managing stocks for the car parts, price of the car parts, managing suppliers data and work hour of the staffs working there. With the help of this system, the Acme garage can doing its business easily and also can offer the better services to its customers so that it can also help to grab the customers.
Support.office.com. (2016). Create a simple report – Access. [online] Available at: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-a-simple-report-408e92a8-11a4-418d-a378-7f1d99c25304 [Accessed 18 Mar. 2016].
(DBMS), A. (2012). Excellence: Advantages and Disadvantages of Database Management System (DBMS). [online] Navdeep19.blogspot.in. Available at: http://navdeep19.blogspot.in/2012/04/advantages-and-disadvantages-of.html [Accessed 18 Mar. 2016].
Quackit.com. (2016).Querying a Database. [online] Available at: http://www.quackit.com/database/tutorial/querying_a_database.cfm [Accessed 18 Mar. 2016].
Assignment Help Australia provide assignment writing service based on case study requirements in affordable prices and we are providing most flexible online assignment writing help, so book your Assignment with us :- order now